Blogathon by Blank Noise Project

on Saturday, March 3, 2007

Woman's Day is around the corner and I am making all my special plans to celebrate this special day. I am a woman and there is nothing that I take more pride in than being a woman itself. A day to celebrate being 'ME' means way more than celebrating a Valentines Day. I am waiting for this Thursday, to celebrate the spirit of womanhood, and so is the Blank Noise Project.

They are starting a blog-athon on March 8th '2007, and take experiences of women who have been victims of eve teasing, street sexual harassment. I have been, you have been, every Indian woman has been a victim of it. Currently trying to work out a story for a newspaper on the same, it irritates me how so many women do not react to such acts of indecency and indignity. But Blank Noise Project wants to know, "When did you flip a situation so you could resist, when did you give back as hard as you got? When and how did you choose to confront? When did you become an Action Hero?"http://blanknoiseproject.blogspot.com/

So come up, speak up! Be proud of what you are and celebrate being a woman, celebrate being YOU!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Women's Day :)

Anonymous said...

Well, Nice post. And I read your berry poem. Cute.